giovedì 26 agosto 2010

"E' solo un gatto"

E' quello che ha dichiarato Mary Bale, 45enne bancaria inglese che ha chiuso un gattino nel cassonetto dei rifiuti.
Prima della sua identificazione, su Facebook era già stata attivata la pagina Help Find The Woman Who Put My Cat In The Bin con migliaia di supporter. La donna ha rilasciato dichiarazioni piuttosto sconcertanti ed è assediata da reporter e amici degli animali. Sembra sorpresa del clamore che il suo gesto ha suscitato. Sarebbe stato uno scherzo, sostiene la Bale, che pensava che il gattino si sarebbe liberato da solo.



Intervistata dal Sun, ha detto infatti:

"I really don't see what everyone is getting so excited about - it's just a cat. I was walking home from work and saw this cat wander out in front of me.
I was playing with it, stroking it and listening to it purr as it stood on a garden wall. It was very friendly.
I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny to put it in the wheelie bin, which was right beside me. I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle out of the bin.


Ecco cosa si legge invece sul National Post:

Bale refused to answer many questions from the dozens of reporters outside her home, but she released a statement:
“I want to take this opportunity to apologize profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused. I cannot explain why I did this, it is completely out of character and I certainly did not intend to cause any distress to Lola or her owners.
“It was a split second of misjudgment that has got completely out of control.”
“I am due to meet with the RSPCA and police to discuss this matter further and will co-operate fully with their investigations.
I wish to reiterate that I am profoundly sorry for my actions and wish to resolve this matter to everyone’s satisfaction as soon as possible.”
Bale said she is afraid she’ll lose her job as a customer service assistant at the Royal Bank of Scotland after getting a call from her boss. “I’ve had to talk to the bank’s security people about what to do if people who think I hurt the cat try to find me,” Bale told Sky News.



Lola, per fortuna, sta bene.

(foto tratte dal sito del Sun)



Nessun commento: